Monday 13 November 2017

Greetings from Jason

Hi Val, 
my name is Jason. My wife and I just moved from Chicago to Najac last week. I first came across the TAG site back in Sept when we came over to sign the compromis. Keeping up with the posts these past few months has acquainted me with life here and served to build my anticipation. Happy to say we are finally here.

My wife works for a contemporary classical music group in Chicago called eighth blackbird. She will continue as their operations manager remotely from here. I'm a musician and a teacher. I have some touring engagements coming up with an American band. I'm not yet certain what else I will do for work here. I have some time to settle in and see.

Pardon me if this is too forward but I wanted say hello and introduce ourselves. It seems these are the first questions everyone has been asking us over the last week. Both the French and English folks we meet are very curious what we're doing here and how we plan to live.

I also have a post for the blog if you wouldn't mind sharing. I'll send that over in a minute.

And finally, I've been following your recent news about helping refugees in the area. My first job out of school was at a resettlement organization in Chicago. Bosnians were the main people group we were serving at the time but we also worked with Afghans, Iraqi, and Sudanese. It was fascinating work. I'll continue to follow with interest. Maybe I can be of assistance in some way, at some point.

All best
jason

Follow up from Jason
Hi Val, my wife Annie and I have recently moved from Chicago to live toute l'année in a house in the Aveyron. We are both musicians. We are wondering if anyone in this community might have an upright piano they are looking to sell or get rid of and/or a full size keyboard and amplifier. We are also looking to purchase a van, a Renault Trafic, VW Multivan or similar.

And in a general sense, our house is fairly empty as we weren't able to bring much over from the States. We are interested in all manner of household goods.

If you have items of interest, please email me at jasontoth@gmail.com.

All best,
jason
Val says   welcome Jason, you will love it here, you will love Najac. Have you seen that there is a house sale coming up next Sunday. There seems to be some lovely furniture. I am sure you will have people contacting you.
You have not sent your blog details yet but I am sure everyone will be interested in finding out more.
I hope we can get yet another person to help with our humanitarian work here.
Taglines82@gmail.com