Monday 24 April 2017

Shamed by the country of my birth

Hi Val
Pleased with the French first round. Pretty much what I expected. It now pitches a moderate centrist against a populist extremist.

UKIP, the Conservative Eurosceptics and the British popular tabloids have been raving about a Le Pen victory leading to France's exit from the EU, a return to Nationalism and a crusade against Islam.

This is now very unlikely. Le Pen has made it through, just like everyone expected, but pretty much all the candidates who have been eliminated have requested that their voters now support Macron. The second round will confirm Macron as President.

Just like Wilders in the Netherlands, the far-right, populist, xenophobic parties will fail to win the majority in Europe.

It shames me that my country of birth is the only one in Europe supporting an isolationist, sepratist stance.
It shames me that my country of birth is the only one in Europe supporting an isolationist, separatist stance.
I appeal to my friends and family who have been swayed by the Brexit rhetoric to reject this nationalistic nonsense and vote towards a more united Europe and therefore a more united world.

Don't believe what you read in the Daily Mail, Express or Telegraph. They have an agenda that has no good will towards the average British family.

Try to analyse the information sensibly and realise that the EU isn't an enemy. It's an international organisation like the UN or NATO to be negotiated with.
Jonathon  H
taglines82@gmail.com