Sunday 8 January 2017

Could have been much worse

Holiday cancelled ... again.
What good luck, no one was injured.

Malc had taken the dogs for a walk down to the river. I was out cleaning the stables. Two Dutch friends arrived to say there had been an accident, could I follow them in my car and they would take me to Malc.
My heart was racing.
We arrived at the scene just outside Varen to see both drivers remarkably unhurt, one car a total write off after ploughing through a garage door, demolishing two quad bikes. Fortunately that was the driver who must have been going at such speed, lucky to be alive. He was apparently rushing home to see a calf with problems. He was a young farmer.
Our car has one side bashed in and dodgy steering. The dogs had escaped and Malc looked white with shock.
Tomorrow we had rebooked the holiday in the Costa Brava which we had cancelled at Christmas as I had a cold.
Malc feels too shaken to go tomorrow and the cabriolet is not suitable for the dogs to travel in.
Two cups of tea, my answer to everything and then I will unpack the suitcases..
comments to taglines82@gmail.com