Sunday 23 October 2016

Nous sommes le dimanche vingt trois octobre

Wonderful red sky again this morning, seemingly mild. I was out in the fields in my jim jams, no jacket, my temperature guide! There was however a stiff breeze and I am not sure how the day will pan out.
Today we will be taking our young guys back to Castelsarassin near Moissac, passing by Bruniquel and taking a few last bits.
Bruniquel is set up and ready for the refugees who will be arriving from Calais in the next few days, scared, tired, dirty and cold. The 24 arriving here have a great team ready to help them.
We hear that 50 may be arriving in Realville and the accommodation there is not quite as ready. So any donations to Realville please and if that is too far to Laura above St. Antonin please. All the relevant info in an earlier post.
We wish all those poor people at Calais, many who have suffered much to get there, (using all their funds in the world to pay traffickers,) a safe week. I wish I could be there to tell people to take the French option of trying to take out asylum, but there will be many still determined to try and get to family members in the UK.
From our comfortable safe position we can have empathy with others and from the many, many people who have arrived at our door with donations Malc and I know we are not alone in our caring and concern.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com