Monday 26 September 2016

Orange telephone and Internet - errata

Orange telephone and Internet for second houses – errata

Following my previous post I have to add some information. First of all it appears that not all ‘conseillers’ know what are the possibilities. So the one I talked to first didn’t give me the exact details about the offer. Another one didn’t even know about it, the third finally could explain the ins and outs. So it appears that the offer for Internet for € 11 is only valid for 1 year and is given only to good (= connected several years) clients as a gesture. After that you are again going to pay € 21 (plus € 3 for the Livebox unless you buy one yourself).
But for most of the clients the possibilities are as follows:
a.       The landline for € 17 per month, to be registered as ‘ligne résidence secondaire’ which can be suspended for some time (minimum 1 month, maximum 1 year)
b.      The internet découverte for € 21 (€ 24 including Livebox) per month which cannot be suspended

I have heard from one client that the Internet stayed working after suspension of the telephone line; in that case that could be an advantage also. I will report as soon as I have more details on that.
Sorry for the confusion. And anyhow, call me for more details or information.

Hans Buijserd, VIDEPC