Thursday 25 August 2016

Local author wants to arranging a signing.

Hi Val,

As you will know, I am published by Crooked Cat Publishers.  My third novel with them, Vichyssoise, has just been released in paperback (http://amzn.to/2bg3kkG).  As much of it is set in St. Antonin, I wondered whether your readers would be interested for me to do a book-signing locally to you? (I believe the SA bookshop only deals with used books.)  My original intention was to use local texts in French for my research, as I wanted to get a feel for the real man who was Philippe Pétain.  If interested, perhaps you could suggest a venue and date before, say, the end of October (I would need some time to access sufficient books). To whet your appetite, below is a description:

1942. Karin Schmidt, a former German citizen working for the British government, has disappeared during a spying mission in south-west France. Reporter David Klein is tasked with her search, which he gladly undertakes, despite the risks. In 1939, Karin had helped a Jewish family escape from Germany – and rescued him from Kletschkau prison. He owes her his life. But will he be in time to save her? Set against the historical background of the Vichy government, the story shows an explosive Adolf Hitler and an irascible Winston Churchill, culminating in Philippe Pétain’s nail-biting trial for treason. David Klein and Karin Schmidt live through agonising times of danger. Book #2 of the David Klein War Reporter series. Lamplight: Book #1 of the David Klein War Reporter series is also available.

Vichyssoise is self-contained, but follows on naturally from book 1, Lamplight, also set during WW2 but not in France.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Gill
aka Olga Swan

What about the Parisot Literary Festival?